Berry fans, this one’s for you! An indulgent summer inspired smoothie made using fresh, sweet berries and velvety smooth Coppa della Maga ice cream.
Berries are undoubtedly summers ultimate superfood, packed with antioxidants and an abundance of nutrients which we all know help contribute towards a healthy lifestyle. But lets delve a little deeper and see what else these wonderful fruits have to offer?
- They may help reduce blood sugar levels and insulin response after meals. This has been particularly noted in strawberries and blueberries which both have a low glycemic index.
- Due to their high fiber content, berries can keep hunger at bay and leave you feeling fuller for longer. This is a key factor is weight management.
- Berries are low in calories and fat but extremely nutritious, containing a variety of vitamins and minerals that are essential to a healthy diet.
- Berries are great metabolism boosters!
- They are one of the best known dietary sources of bioactive compounds which could help in the prevention of inflammation disorders, cardiovascular diseases and various cancers.
- Strawberries and blueberries are especially high in flavonoids, compounds that harness the power to reduce cognitive decline in older men and women.
- They’re incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety or recipes whether sweet or savoury. Sprinkle them over salads, use them as yogurt toppings or like we suggest, whizz them up into a refreshing smoothie.
Our recipe serves 3-4 people and is super satisfying and creamy:
- 100 grams strawberries
- 100 grams raspberries
- 150 grams blueberries
- 200ml CDM vanilla ice cream
- ½ banana
- 150ml milk/water
Blend all the ingredients together and enjoy!
And you can find more healthy and delicious recipes here: www.coppadellamaga.co.uk/ice-cream/recipes/
Note: As the seasons change how about replace the strawberries with 100 grams of cranberries and the juice of two oranges for a truly Autumnal feel.