As the weather warms and the days get brighter our minds (and taste buds) wander to the delicious, sweet strawberry, synonymous with British summer. Perfect with a glass of prosecco, dipped into chocolate or added to a light and vibrant salad, the strawberry is a truly versatile summer staple. Plus, there’s a whole lot more to strawberries than meets the eye:
- Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in Spring
- They are a member of the rose family
- The average berry has about 200 seeds on the outside and because of this they’re not technically a berry after all!
- They are rich in potassium and magnesium
- 7 strawberries(80g) provides your recommended daily amount of vitamin C
- There is a museum in Belgium all about strawberries!
Here at Coppa della Maga we love strawberries so much we have devoted two of our flavours to the delicious fruit – our Strawberry ice cream which is beautifully smooth and milky with freeze dried strawberries sprinkled on top and our coconut and strawberry sorbet which is dairy free.
They too, like the fruit itself, are incredibly versatile and can be mixed into smoothies, desserts and breakfast bowls. Click here for some healthy strawberry recipes.