‘Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.’ – Buddha
In the morning, instead of saying to yourself, ‘I got to wake up’ say ‘I get to wake up!’ – Erykah Badu
At Coppa della Maga we are always on the lookout for different techniques and ways to help us obtain balance and wellness in our everyday lives. We’re incredibly passionate about food and what we put into our bodies but we’re also aware that diet isn’t the only factor when it comes to our overall wellbeing. Something we strongly recommend to everyone is a good morning ritual. Implementing a ritual into your mornings can bring a sense of clarity and control, setting the tone for the day ahead. It can help you feel more positive, motivated and inspired.
We’re going to share with you a selection of our favourites that will really help you kick start your day:
(Disclaimer: These tips should not be treated as gospel it’s important that you find the morning routine that best suits you and stick to it, consistency is key!)
1. Plan your outfit the night before – to avoid the stress and indecision of figuring out what to wear in the morning.
2. Set your alarm early and wake up at the same time each day.
3. A minute or two of deep breathing will relieve the tension in your muscles and encourage you to use the full capacity of your lungs.
4. Drinking a large glass of warm water and lemon, will help digestion and rehydrate the body.
5. Get moving. We all know exercise is important. Moving in the morning is a brilliant way to connect your body and mind.
6. Take a cold shower which will increase alertness, improve circulation and ease stress (not for the feint hearted).
Our final tip is to eat a well-balanced nourishing breakfast to supercharge your day. Starting your day with a nourishing, healthy meal will kick start your metabolism and energise you for the tasks ahead.
Fill your body with healthy, wholesome food: fruits, complex carbs like wholemeal bread or gluten free granola, good fats from avocado or a few scoops of melted Coppa della Maga over your muesli/granola or into your smoothie. Coppa della Maga can be enjoyed slightly melted, and is the perfect addition to any healthy breakfast bowl. Note: always remember your food should not only be healthy but enjoyable too! See some healthy breakfast recipes here: https://www.coppadellamaga.co.uk/ice-cream/recipes.