With their bright colours, citrus fruits are not just pretty and refreshing, but they also have a bunch of health benefits, from boosting immunity to fighting various diseases.
We are lucky to be able to enjoy them all year round, but there is no better time to indulge on a freshly squeezed citrus juice on the rocks than in the hot summer days! Here are a few facts that may make you consider having these yummy fruits more often, not just because of their delicious taste:
- The most well-known fact is that they are full of vitamins, especially C. In fact, one small orange can cover your daily needs. Citruses, however, also deliver other vitamins and minerals, which makes them a very healthy breakfast choice. Furthermore, Vitamin C is related to collagen production, that is beneficial for a beautiful skin.
- They may help you to better absorb other nutrients. That is why, it is great to add them to other dishes and especially as a salad dressing. Another refreshing idea is to toss a few slices of citruses in your glass or bottle of water.
- High fibre content – both soluble and insoluble, which makes citruses a great aid for digestive health and weigh loss. Keep in mind, that most of the fibres are in the fruit pulp, so always prefer eating the fruit whole, rather than as a juice.
- Brain and heart protection – the flavonoid compounds and antioxidants in the citruses increase the good and decrease the bad cholesterol, which wards off many diseases.
- Some of them like grapefruits have a low glycemic index, which helps to keep your sugar level steady and avoid hunger attacks.
And last but not least, citruses are very delicious, which is another important reason why we should have them more often. As we at Coppa della Maga always try to incorporate health and indulgence in our products, we decided we just can’t miss a citrus based flavour in our portfolio. Coupled with all the health benefits above and no added sugar, our Grapefruit & Bergamot ice cream makes not just a healthy and indulgent treat, but an intriguing finishing note to every meal!