Following our all natural ingredients policy and in the search of the best raw materials around the world, we came across this amazing gift of nature. Avocado, called also ‘butter fruit’, is really a star and worth spending a minute to look into. Amongst its numerous benefits are:
- contains nearly 20 vitamins and minerals;
- the only fruit that provides a substantial amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids;
- is high on natural plant sterol called beta-sitosterol, which has been seen to maintain cholesterol levels and protect the heart;
- contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two phytochemicals that protect the tissues in the eyes;
- has 6-7 grams of fiber per half fruit, which is great for digestion.
The list of benefits goes on and on and the delicious recipes that include avocado abound on the internet. This yummy fruit is not just great in salads or over a toast, but also make a wonderful replacement of eggs in sauces, can serve as a base for desserts, puddings or in smoothies. With its mild taste, avocado can be added to almost any dish (sweet or savoury) without overwhelming the flavour, while adding smooth, creamy structure. Avocado oil is also part of a lot of beauty products for moisturising the skin, so don’t hesitate to use it directly as a face or hair mask.
And although most of the calories in an avocado come from fat, don’t shy away! Avocados are full of healthy, beneficial fats that help to keep you full and satiated. When you consume fat, your brain receives a signal to turn off your appetite. Eating fat slows the breakdown of carbohydrates, which helps to keep sugar levels in the blood stable.
Fat is essential for every single cell in the body. Eating healthy fats supports skin health, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, and may even help boost the immune system. This is also our philosophy at Coppa della Maga: all natural, full fat milk cream, butter or coconut milk (in our vegan range). Remember, that good fats are not just healthy, but also a necessary part of every balanced diet!